All About: The Egg Diet
The Egg Diet is a fad diet that claims it will help you lose weight. But does it work? Is it safe? Learn all about that and more about The Egg Diet.
What is the Egg Diet?
The Egg Diet is a weight loss plan requiring you to prepare at least one meal around eggs every day. The Egg Diet is a low-calorie, high-protein, low-carbohydrate scheme designed for losing weight without sacrificing your muscle mass.
Originally created in the 1970s, it gained more notoriety around 2010 when certain diet trends paved the way for an egg-based diet plan.
What food should you eat with the Egg Diet?
There are a variety of egg-based diets. Depending on the type you choose, it's likely some mix of lean protein, vegetables, and fruits. Here's a general sample of foods to eat and foods to avoid:
Food you should eat with the Egg Diet:
- Lean protein like chicken
- Grapefruit and berries
- Spinach and kale
- Broccoli, Mushroom, and peppers
- Water and unsweetened tea
Food to avoid with the Egg Diet:
- Bread and Pasta
- Fried foods
- Caloric Beverages such as milk, juice, and soda
Is The Egg Diet safe and healthy?
Eggs are nutritious food that gives you plenty of protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals despite having relatively few calories. Some sites and samples claim that you can lose a significant amount of weight with a 14-day Egg Diet
Although there is a possibility of rapid weight loss, the Egg Diet experiences has many distinct disadvantages:
- Lack of Energy due to reduced caloric intake.
- Excessive gas and an upset stomach.
- The Egg Diet plan is too constrained and unsustainable.
Although eggs are full of healthy nutrients, the body needs more to function correctly than egg nutrients. It assists us in maintaining good health and proper weight when we consume a diverse mix of nutritious foods. Most eggs diet versions are not well-rounded enough.
Egg Diet Books
Egg Diet Apps
Looking for more diet ideas?
Try our free Diet Optimizer Quiz and get quick, unique, customized ideas like:
- Healthier options than soda that taste better than water.
- Alternatives to french fries, potato chips, or other fried foods.
- How to get your chocolate fix without the junk ingredients in candy bars.