Apricot CLIF Bars
Apricot CLIF Bars Review
CLIF Bars are relatively healthy energy bars that are useful to replenish carbohydrates while exercising.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 115mg (5% DV) of salt.
- They're a good source of fiber with 4g (16% DV) of fiber.
- They contain 8 added vitamins: ascorbic acid (vitamin C), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), DL alpha tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), ergocalciferol (vitamin D2), niacinamide (vitamin B3), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), and thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1).
- They contain at least 4 added sweeteners: barley malt extract, dried cane syrup, organic brown rice syrup, and organic cane syrup. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 3 potential allergens: organic roasted soybeans, organic soy flour, and soy protein isolate.
- They contain refined flour (organic soy flour and rice flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 30 out of 50 in Healthiest Energy Bars
- 48 out of 94 in Healthiest Food Bars
- 8 out of 19 in Healthiest CLIF Bars
Are CLIF Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe CLIF Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
Many flavors of CLIF Bars have as many as 5 or 6 different sweeteners as well as refined flour and a variety of soy ingredients. They're also pretty high in carbohydrates and are most useful during strenuous exercise when your glycogen levels are depleted.
Apricot CLIF Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 240||12%|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber, Insoluble 3g|
|Vitamin A 500 IU||10%|
|Vitamin B-12 1mcg||10%|
|Vitamin C 6mg||10%|
|Vitamin D 60 IU||15%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Apricot CLIF Bars Ingredients
ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP, ORGANIC ROLLED OATS, DRIED APRICOTS, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, ORGANIC CANE SYRUP, ORGANIC ROASTED SOYBEANS, ORGANIC SOY FLOUR, RICE FLOUR, ORGANIC OAT FIBER, DRIED CANE SYRUP, ORGANIC HIGH OLEIC SUNFLOWER OIL, NATURAL FLAVORS, LEMON JUICE CONCENTRATE, RICE STARCH, CITRIC ACID, SEA SALT, BARLEY MALT EXTRACT, ORGANIC ANNATTO (FOR COLOR). VITAMINS & MINERALS: DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, ASCORBIC ACID (VIT. C), DL-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VIT. E), BETA CAROTENE (VIT. A), NIACINAMIDE (VIT. B3), ERGOCALCIFEROL (VIT. D2), THIAMINE MONONITRATE (VIT. B1), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VIT. B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VIT. B2), CYANOCOBALAMIN (VIT. B12).
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Barley Malt Extract
- Beta Carotene
- Calcium Carbonate
- Citric Acid
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- Dicalcium Phosphate
- DL Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
- Dried Apricots
- Dried Cane Syrup
- Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D2)
- Lemon Juice Concentrate
- Magnesium Oxide
- Natural Flavors
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Organic Annatto
- Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Organic Cane Syrup
- Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- Organic Oat Fiber
- Organic Roasted Soybeans
- Organic Rolled Oats
- Organic Soy Flour
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Rice Flour
- Rice Starch
- Sea Salt
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
Different Flavors of CLIF Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
Yes. Apricot CLIF Bars are vegan. All 30 ingredients are vegan.
Are they gluten-free?
No. Apricot CLIF Bars are not gluten-free because they contain barley malt extract.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Apricot CLIF Bars are dairy-free. All 30 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Apricot CLIF Bars are not keto because they contain barley malt extract, citric acid, dried apricots, dried cane syrup, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soy flour, rice flour, and rice starch.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Apricot CLIF Bars are lactose-free. All 30 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Apricot CLIF Bars are not paleo because they contain barley malt extract, dried cane syrup, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic oat fiber, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soy flour, rice flour, rice starch, and soy protein isolate.