Peanut Butter CLIF Bars
Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF Bars Review
CLIF Bars are relatively healthy energy bars that are useful to replenish carbohydrates while exercising.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 130mg (5% DV) of salt.
- They contain 1 added vitamin: mixed tocopherols (vitamin E).
- They contain at least 5 added sweeteners: organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic dried cane syrup, organic tapioca syrup, and vegetable glycerin. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 1 potential allergen: organic peanut butter.
- They contain refined flour (organic oat flour and organic rice flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 37 out of 50 in Healthiest Energy Bars
- 61 out of 94 in Healthiest Food Bars
- 10 out of 19 in Healthiest CLIF Bars
Are CLIF Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe CLIF Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
Many flavors of CLIF Bars have as many as 5 or 6 different sweeteners as well as refined flour and a variety of soy ingredients. They're also pretty high in carbohydrates and are most useful during strenuous exercise when your glycogen levels are depleted.
Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 230||12%|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber, Insoluble 1g|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF Bars Ingredients
ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER, ORGANIC ROLLED OATS, ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP, ORGANIC DATE PASTE, ORGANIC PEA PROTEIN, ORGANIC HIGH OLEIC SUNFLOWER OIL, ORGANIC CANE SYRUP, ORGANIC OAT FLOUR, ORGANIC DRIED CANE SYRUP, ORGANIC TAPIOCA SYRUP, ORGANIC RICE STARCH, ORGANIC PALM OIL, ORGANIC BROWN RICE PROTEIN, ORGANIC RICE FLOUR, ORGANIC BANANA POWDER, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, ORGANIC ALKALIZED COCOA, SEA SALT, NATURAL FLAVORS, ORGANIC NATURAL FLAVORS, ORGANIC UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS (ANTIOXIDANT).
- Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)
- Natural Flavors
- Organic Alkalized Cocoa
- Organic Banana Powder
- Organic Brown Rice Protein
- Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Organic Cane Syrup
- Organic Date Paste
- Organic Dried Cane Syrup
- Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- Organic Natural Flavors
- Organic Oat Flour
- Organic Palm Oil
- Organic Peanut Butter
- Organic Pea Protein
- Organic Rice Flour
- Organic Rice Starch
- Organic Rolled Oats
- Organic Tapioca Syrup
- Organic Unsweetened Chocolate
- Sea Salt
- Sunflower Lecithin
- Vegetable Glycerin
Different Flavors of CLIF Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
Yes. Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF Bars are vegan. All 23 ingredients are vegan.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes. Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF Bars are gluten-free. All 23 ingredients are gluten-free.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF Bars are dairy-free. All 23 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF Bars are not keto because they contain organic alkalized cocoa, organic banana powder, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic date paste, organic dried cane syrup, organic oat flour, organic rice flour, organic rice starch, organic rolled oats, and organic tapioca syrup.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF Bars are lactose-free. All 23 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF Bars are not paleo because they contain organic alkalized cocoa, organic brown rice protein, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic dried cane syrup, organic oat flour, organic peanut butter, organic pea protein, organic rice flour, organic rice starch, organic rolled oats, organic tapioca syrup, organic unsweetened chocolate, and vegetable glycerin.