Blueberry Crisp CLIF Bars
Blueberry Crisp CLIF Bars Review
CLIF Bars are relatively healthy energy bars that are useful to replenish carbohydrates while exercising.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 180mg (8% DV) of salt.
- They're a good source of fiber with 5g (20% DV) of fiber.
- They're a good source of protein with 10g (20% DV) of protein.
- They contain 9 added vitamins: ascorbic acid (vitamin C), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), DL alpha tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), ergocalciferol (vitamin D2), mixed tocopherols (vitamin E), niacinamide (vitamin B3), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), and thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1).
- They contain at least 6 added sweeteners: barley malt extract, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic glucose syrup, organic invert sugar syrup, and pectin. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 5 potential allergens: almond butter, organic almonds, organic roasted soybeans, organic soy flour, and soy protein isolate.
- They contain refined flour (organic soy flour and rice flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 17 out of 50 in Healthiest Energy Bars
- 29 out of 94 in Healthiest Food Bars
- 1 out of 19 in Healthiest CLIF Bars
Are CLIF Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe CLIF Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
Many flavors of CLIF Bars have as many as 5 or 6 different sweeteners as well as refined flour and a variety of soy ingredients. They're also pretty high in carbohydrates and are most useful during strenuous exercise when your glycogen levels are depleted.
Blueberry Crisp CLIF Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 250||13%|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 44g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber, Insoluble 4g|
|Dietary Fiber, Soluble 4g|
|Vitamin A 500 IU||10%|
|Vitamin B-12 1mcg||10%|
|Vitamin C 6mg||10%|
|Vitamin D 60 IU||15%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Blueberry Crisp CLIF Bars Ingredients
ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP, ORGANIC ROLLED OATS, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, ORGANIC ALMONDS, RICE FLOUR, ORGANIC ROASTED SOYBEANS, ORGANIC CANE SYRUP, CONCENTRATED APPLE PUREE, ORGANIC SOY FLOUR, ORGANIC OAT FIBER, ORGANIC DATE PASTE, DRIED BLUEBERRIES, ALMOND BUTTER, ORGANIC INVERT SUGAR SYRUP APPLE JUICE CONCENTRATE, ORGANIC GLUCOSE SYRUP, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER OIL, BLUEBERRY PUREE, SEA SALT, NATURAL FLAVORS, CITRIC ACID, BARLEY MALT EXTRACT, PECTIN, ELDERBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE (FOR COLOR), LEMON POWDER, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS (ANTIOXIDANT). VITAMINS & MINERALS: DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, MANGNESIUM OXIDE, ASCORBIC ACID (VIT. C), DL-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VIT. E), BETA CAROTENE (VIT. A), NIACINAMIDE (VIT. B3), ERGOCALCIFEROL (VIT. 02), THIAMINE MONONITRATE (VIT. B1), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VIT. B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VIT. B2), CYANOCOBALAMIN (VIT. B12).
- Almond Butter
- Apple Juice Concentrate
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Barley Malt Extract
- Beta Carotene
- Blueberry Puree
- Citric Acid
- Concentrated Apple Puree
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- Dicalcium Phosphate
- DL Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
- Dried Blueberries
- Elderberry Juice Concentrate
- Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D2)
- Lemon Powder
- Magnesium Oxide
- Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)
- Natural Flavors
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Organic Almonds
- Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Organic Cane Syrup
- Organic Date Paste
- Organic Glucose Syrup
- Organic Invert Sugar Syrup
- Organic Oat Fiber
- Organic Roasted Soybeans
- Organic Rolled Oats
- Organic Soy Flour
- Organic Sunflower Oil
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Rice Flour
- Sea Salt
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
Different Flavors of CLIF Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
Yes. Blueberry Crisp CLIF Bars are vegan. All 37 ingredients are vegan.
Are they gluten-free?
No. Blueberry Crisp CLIF Bars are not gluten-free because they contain barley malt extract.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Blueberry Crisp CLIF Bars are dairy-free. All 37 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Blueberry Crisp CLIF Bars are not keto because they contain apple juice concentrate, barley malt extract, citric acid, concentrated apple puree, dried blueberries, elderberry juice concentrate, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic date paste, organic glucose syrup, organic invert sugar syrup, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soy flour, pectin, and rice flour.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Blueberry Crisp CLIF Bars are lactose-free. All 37 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Blueberry Crisp CLIF Bars are not paleo because they contain apple juice concentrate, barley malt extract, concentrated apple puree, elderberry juice concentrate, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic glucose syrup, organic invert sugar syrup, organic oat fiber, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soy flour, organic sunflower oil, pectin, rice flour, and soy protein isolate.