Caramel Toffee with
Sea Salt CLIF Bars
Caramel Toffee with Sea Salt CLIF Bars Review
CLIF Bars are relatively healthy energy bars that are useful to replenish carbohydrates while exercising.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're a good source of fiber with 4g (16% DV) of fiber.
- They contain at least 4 added sweeteners: barley malt extract, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane sugar, and organic cane syrup. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 5 potential allergens: organic roasted soybeans, organic soy flour, soy flour, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.
- They contain refined flour (organic soy flour, rice flour, and soy flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 48 out of 50 in Healthiest Energy Bars
- 86 out of 94 in Healthiest Food Bars
- 18 out of 19 in Healthiest CLIF Bars
Are CLIF Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe CLIF Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
Many flavors of CLIF Bars have as many as 5 or 6 different sweeteners as well as refined flour and a variety of soy ingredients. They're also pretty high in carbohydrates and are most useful during strenuous exercise when your glycogen levels are depleted.
Caramel Toffee with Sea Salt CLIF Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 250||13%|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber, Insoluble 3g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||2%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Caramel Toffee with Sea Salt CLIF Bars Ingredients
ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP, ORGANIC ROLLED OATS, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, ORGANIC CANE SYRUP, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, ORGANIC ROASTED SOYBEANS, RICE FLOUR, ORGANIC OAT FIBER, ORGANIC SOY FLOUR, ORGANIC HIGH OLEIC SUNFLOWER OIL, NATURAL FLAVORS, ORGANIC COCOA BUTTER, COCOA BUTTER‡, SEA SALT, SOY FLOUR, BARLEY MALT EXTRACT, SOY LECITHIN, ORGANIC ALKALIZED COCOA (FOR COLOR), SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, ORGANIC ANNATTO (FOR COLOR).
- Barley Malt Extract
- Cocoa Butter
- Natural Flavors
- Organic Alkalized Cocoa
- Organic Annatto
- Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Organic Cane Syrup
- Organic Cocoa Butter
- Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- Organic Oat Fiber
- Organic Roasted Soybeans
- Organic Rolled Oats
- Organic Soy Flour
- Rice Flour
- Sea Salt
- Soy Flour
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Sunflower Lecithin
Different Flavors of CLIF Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
Yes. Caramel Toffee with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are vegan. All 20 ingredients are vegan.
Are they gluten-free?
No. Caramel Toffee with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are not gluten-free because they contain barley malt extract.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Caramel Toffee with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are dairy-free. All 20 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Caramel Toffee with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are not keto because they contain barley malt extract, organic alkalized cocoa, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane sugar, organic cane syrup, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soy flour, rice flour, and soy flour.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Caramel Toffee with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are lactose-free. All 20 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Caramel Toffee with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are not paleo because they contain barley malt extract, organic alkalized cocoa, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane sugar, organic cane syrup, organic oat fiber, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soy flour, rice flour, soy flour, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.