Carrot Cake CLIF Bars
Carrot Cake CLIF Bars Review
CLIF Bars are relatively healthy energy bars that are useful to replenish carbohydrates while exercising.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 150mg (6% DV) of salt.
- They're a good source of fiber with 5g (20% DV) of fiber.
- They contain 8 added vitamins: ascorbic acid (vitamin C), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), DL alpha tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), ergocalciferol (vitamin D2), niacinamide (vitamin B3), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), and thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1).
- They contain at least 4 added sweeteners: barley malt extract, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, and organic dried cane syrup. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 6 potential allergens: organic roasted soybeans, organic soy flour, organic soybean oil, soy flour, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.
- They contain refined flour (organic soy flour, rice flour, and soy flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 22 out of 50 in Healthiest Energy Bars
- 35 out of 94 in Healthiest Food Bars
- 2 out of 19 in Healthiest CLIF Bars
Are CLIF Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe CLIF Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
Many flavors of CLIF Bars have as many as 5 or 6 different sweeteners as well as refined flour and a variety of soy ingredients. They're also pretty high in carbohydrates and are most useful during strenuous exercise when your glycogen levels are depleted.
Carrot Cake CLIF Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 240||12%|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber, Insoluble 4g|
|Vitamin A 500 IU||10%|
|Vitamin B-12 1mcg||10%|
|Vitamin C 6mg||10%|
|Vitamin D 60 IU||15%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Carrot Cake CLIF Bars Ingredients
ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP, ORGANIC ROLLED OATS, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, ORGANIC CANE SYRUP, ORGANIC DRIED APPLES, ORGANIC ROASTED SOYBEANS, ORGANIC OAT FIBER, ORGANIC DRIED CANE SYRUP, ORGANIC SOY FLOUR, DRIED CARROTS, RICE FLOUR, ORGANIC RAISINS, COCOA BUTTER++, COCONUT, ORGANIC SOYBEAN OIL, SOY FLOUR, RICE STARCH, SALT, NATURAL FLAVORS, BARLEY MALT EXTRACT, NUTMEG, SOY LECITHIN, ORGANIC VANILLA EXTRACT, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CINNAMON, CLOVES. VITAMINS & MINERALS: DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, ASCORBIC ACID (VIT. C), DL-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VIT. E), BETA CAROTENE (VITA. A), NIACINAMIDE (VIT. B3), ERGOCALCIFEROL (VIT. D2), THIAMINE MONONITRATE (VIT. B1), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VIT. B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VIT. B2), CYANOCOBALAMIN (VIT. B12).
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Barley Malt Extract
- Beta Carotene
- Calcium Carbonate
- Cocoa Butter
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- Dicalcium Phosphate
- DL Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
- Dried Carrots
- Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D2)
- Magnesium Oxide
- Natural Flavors
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Organic Cane Syrup
- Organic Dried Apples
- Organic Dried Cane Syrup
- Organic Oat Fiber
- Organic Raisins
- Organic Roasted Soybeans
- Organic Rolled Oats
- Organic Soybean Oil
- Organic Soy Flour
- Organic Vanilla Extract
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Rice Flour
- Rice Starch
- Soy Flour
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
Different Flavors of CLIF Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
Yes. Carrot Cake CLIF Bars are vegan. All 37 ingredients are vegan.
Are they gluten-free?
No. Carrot Cake CLIF Bars are not gluten-free because they contain barley malt extract.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Carrot Cake CLIF Bars are dairy-free. All 37 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Carrot Cake CLIF Bars are not keto because they contain barley malt extract, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic dried cane syrup, organic raisins, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soy flour, rice flour, rice starch, and soy flour.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Carrot Cake CLIF Bars are lactose-free. All 37 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Carrot Cake CLIF Bars are not paleo because they contain barley malt extract, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic dried cane syrup, organic oat fiber, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soybean oil, organic soy flour, organic vanilla extract, rice flour, rice starch, soy flour, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.