Chocolate Chip Cookie
Dough LUNA Protein Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough LUNA Protein Bars Review
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're a good source of protein with 12g (24% DV) of protein.
- They contain 9 added vitamins: ascorbic acid (vitamin C), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), ergocalciferol (vitamin D2), folic acid (vitamin B9), niacinamide (vitamin B3), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E).
- They contain at least 4 added sweeteners: dried cane syrup, organic cane syrup, organic dried cane syrup, and vegetable glycerin. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 3 potential allergens: soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, and whey protein concentrate.
- They contain refined flour (organic rice flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough LUNA Protein Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 170||9%|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber, Insoluble 1g|
|Vitamin A 500 IU||10%|
|Vitamin B-12 1mcg||20%|
|Vitamin C 12mg||20%|
|Vitamin D 60 IU||15%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough LUNA Protein Bars Ingredients
SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, ORGANIC CANE SYRUP, ORGANIC DRIED CANE SYRUP, PALM KERNEL OIL, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, INULIN (CHICORY EXTRACT), COCOA, DRIED CANE SYRUP, MACADAMIA NUT BUTTER, NATURAL FLAVORS, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, ORGANIC RICE FLOUR, SALT, SOY LECITHIN, COCOA BUTTER, ORGANIC ALKALIZED COCOA, ORGANIC VANILLA EXTRACT, ALKALIZED COCOA, VANILLA EXTRACT. VITAMINS & MINERALS: CALCIUM CARBONATE, ASCORBIC ACID (VIT. C), TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VIT. E), FERRIC ORTHOPHOSPHATE (IRON), BETA CAROTENE (VIT. A), NIACINAMIDE (VIT. B3), FOLIC ACID (VIT. B9), CYANOCOBALAMIN (VIT. B12), ERGOCALCIFEROL (VIT. D2), THIAMIN MONONITRATE (VIT. B1), RIBOFLAVIN (VIT. B2), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VIT. B6).
- Alkalized Cocoa
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Beta Carotene
- Calcium Carbonate
- Cocoa Butter
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- Dried Cane Syrup
- Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D2)
- Ferric Orthophosphate (Iron)
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- Macadamia Nut Butter
- Natural Flavors
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Organic Alkalized Cocoa
- Organic Cane Syrup
- Organic Dried Cane Syrup
- Organic Rice Flour
- Organic Vanilla Extract
- Palm Kernel Oil
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
- Unsweetened Chocolate
- Vanilla Extract
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Whey Protein Concentrate
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
No. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough LUNA Protein Bars are not vegan because they contain whey protein concentrate.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough LUNA Protein Bars are gluten-free. All 32 ingredients are gluten-free.
Are they dairy-free?
No. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough LUNA Protein Bars are not dairy-free because they contain whey protein concentrate.
Are they keto?
No. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough LUNA Protein Bars are not keto because they contain dried cane syrup, organic alkalized cocoa, organic cane syrup, organic dried cane syrup, and organic rice flour.
Are they lactose-free?
No. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough LUNA Protein Bars are not lactose-free because they contain whey protein concentrate.
Are they paleo?
No. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough LUNA Protein Bars are not paleo because they contain dried cane syrup, organic alkalized cocoa, organic cane syrup, organic dried cane syrup, organic rice flour, organic vanilla extract, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, unsweetened chocolate, vanilla extract, vegetable glycerin, and whey protein concentrate.