Peanut Crunch CLIF Bars
Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch CLIF Bars Review
CLIF Bars are relatively healthy energy bars that are useful to replenish carbohydrates while exercising.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 200mg (8% DV) of salt.
- They're a good source of protein with 10g (20% DV) of protein.
- They're a good source of fiber with 4g (16% DV) of fiber.
- They contain 12 added vitamins: ascorbic acid (vitamin C), biotin (vitamin H), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), D-calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5), DL alpha tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), ergocalciferol (vitamin D2), folic acid (vitamin B9), niacinamide (vitamin B3), phytonadione (vitamin K), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), and thiamin (vitamin B1).
- They contain at least 4 added sweeteners: barley malt extract, dried cane syrup, organic brown rice syrup, and organic cane syrup. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 8 potential allergens: organic peanut butter, organic peanuts, organic roasted soybeans, organic soy flour, peanut flour, peanuts, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.
- They contain refined flour (organic soy flour, peanut flour, and rice flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 41 out of 50 in Healthiest Energy Bars
- 69 out of 94 in Healthiest Food Bars
- 14 out of 19 in Healthiest CLIF Bars
Are CLIF Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe CLIF Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
Many flavors of CLIF Bars have as many as 5 or 6 different sweeteners as well as refined flour and a variety of soy ingredients. They're also pretty high in carbohydrates and are most useful during strenuous exercise when your glycogen levels are depleted.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch CLIF Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 250||13%|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber, Insoluble 3g|
|Vitamin A 1500 IU||30%|
|Vitamin B-12 1mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 54mg||90%|
|Vitamin D 40 IU||10%|
|Vitamin K 20mcg||25%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch CLIF Bars Ingredients
ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP, CLIFPRO (SOY RICE CRISPS [SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, RICE FLOUR, BARLEY MALT EXTRACT], ORGANIC SOY FLOUR, ORGANIC ROASTED SOYBEANS), ORGANIC ROLLED OATS, ORGANIC CANE SYRUP, ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER (ORGANIC PEANUTS, SALT), CHOCOLATE CHIPS (DRIED CANE SYRUP, UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE++, COCOA BUTTER++, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLA EXTRACT), PEANUT FLOUR, PEANUTS, CLIFCRUNCH (ORGANIC OAT FIBER, APPLE FIBER, INULIN [CHICORY EXTRACT], ORGANIC PSYLLIUM, ORGANIC MILLED FLAXSEED), ORGANIC DATE PASTE, NATURAL FLAVORS, SEA SALT. VITAMINS & MINERALS: DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, ASCORBIC ACID (VIT. C), MAGNESIUM OXIDE, DL-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VIT. E), FERRIC ORTHOPHOSPHATE (IRON), BETA CAROTENE (VIT. A), ZINC CITRATE, BIOTIN, NIACINAMIDE (VIT. B3), D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE (VIT. B5), PHYTONADIONE (VIT. K1), MANGANESE GLUCONATE, COPPER GLUCONATE, RIBOFLAVIN (VIT. B2), FOLIC ACID (VIT. B9), SODIUM SELENITE, THIAMIN (VIT. B1), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VIT. B6), ERGOCALCIFEROL (VIT. D2), CYANOCOBALAMIN (VIT. B12), CHROMIUM CHLORIDE, POTASSIUM IODIDE.
- Apple Fiber
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Barley Malt Extract
- Beta Carotene
- Biotin (Vitamin H)
- Chromium Chloride
- Cocoa Butter
- Copper Gluconate
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- D-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
- Dicalcium Phosphate
- DL Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
- Dried Cane Syrup
- Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D2)
- Ferric Orthophosphate (Iron)
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- Magnesium Oxide
- Manganese Gluconate
- Natural Flavors
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Organic Cane Syrup
- Organic Date Paste
- Organic Milled Flaxseeds
- Organic Oat Fiber
- Organic Peanuts
- Organic Peanut Butter
- Organic Psyllium
- Organic Roasted Soybeans
- Organic Rolled Oats
- Organic Soy Flour
- Peanut Flour
- Phytonadione (Vitamin K)
- Potassium Iodide
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Rice Flour
- Sea Salt
- Sodium Selenite
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Thiamin (Vitamin B1)
- Unsweetened Chocolate
- Vanilla Extract
- Zinc Citrate
Different Flavors of CLIF Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
Yes. Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch CLIF Bars are vegan. All 48 ingredients are vegan.
Are they gluten-free?
No. Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch CLIF Bars are not gluten-free because they contain barley malt extract.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch CLIF Bars are dairy-free. All 48 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch CLIF Bars are not keto because they contain barley malt extract, dried cane syrup, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic date paste, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soy flour, and rice flour.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch CLIF Bars are lactose-free. All 48 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch CLIF Bars are not paleo because they contain barley malt extract, dried cane syrup, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane syrup, organic oat fiber, organic peanuts, organic peanut butter, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soy flour, peanuts, peanut flour, rice flour, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, unsweetened chocolate, and vanilla extract.