Chocolate CLIF BUILDERS Bars Review
An okay protein bar for those with dairy or egg allergies.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 200mg (8% DV) of salt.
- They're a good source of protein with 20g (40% DV) of protein.
- They contain 9 added vitamins: ascorbic acid (vitamin C), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), D-calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5), DL alpha tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), ergocalciferol (vitamin D2), niacinamide (vitamin B3), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), and thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1).
- They contain a lot of saturated fat with 6g (30% DV) of saturated fat.
- They contain at least 3 added sweeteners: organic brown rice syrup, organic dried cane syrup, and vegetable glycerine. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 4 potential allergens: organic almonds, organic soy protein concentrate, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.
Are CLIF BUILDERS Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe CLIF BUILDERS Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of protein bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
The general consensus is that protein bars derived from peas, eggs, or dairy (whey or casein) are better alternatives than soy-based protein bars. The main exception is if you have dairy allergies.
Additionally, some flavors of BUILDERS Bars have as much as 30g of carbohydrates. It's impossible to tell exactly how many of those carbohydrates are sweeteners but most protein bars have fewer carbohydrates.
Chocolate CLIF BUILDERS Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 270||13%|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber, Insoluble 2g|
|Vitamin A 1500 IU||30%|
|Vitamin B-12 1mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 30mg||50%|
|Vitamin D 40 IU||10%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Chocolate CLIF BUILDERS Bars Ingredients
SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, BEET JUICE CONCENTRATE, ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP, ORGANIC DRIED CANE SYRUP, PALM KERNEL OIL, COCOA++, UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE++, ORGANIC SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, VEGETABLE GLYCERINE, NATURAL FLAVORS, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER OIL, ORGANIC ROLLED OATS, ORGANIC ALMONDS, RICE STARCH, COCOA BUTTER++, INULIN (CHICORY EXTRACT), SOY LECITHIN, ORGANIC OAT FIBER, CALCIUM CARBONATE, SALT, ORGANIC VANILLA EXTRACT. VITAMINS & MINERALS: CALCIUM CARBONATE, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, ASCORBIC ACID (VIT. C), DL-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VIT. E), THIAMINE MONONITRATE (VIT. B1), BETA CAROTENE (VIT. A), NIACINAMIDE (VIT. B3), D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE (VIT. B5), RIBOFLAVIN (VIT. B2), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VIT. B6), ERGOCALCIFEROL (VIT. D2), CYANOCOBALAMIN (VIT. B12), POTASSIUM IODIDE.
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Beet Juice Concentrate
- Beta Carotene
- Calcium Carbonate
- Cocoa Butter
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- D-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
- DL Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
- Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D2)
- Magnesium Oxide
- Natural Flavors
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Organic Almonds
- Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Organic Dried Cane Syrup
- Organic Oat Fiber
- Organic Rolled Oats
- Organic Soy Protein Concentrate
- Organic Sunflower Oil
- Organic Vanilla Extract
- Palm Kernel Oil
- Potassium Iodide
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Rice Starch
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
- Unsweetened Chocolate
- Vegetable Glycerine
Different Flavors of CLIF BUILDERS Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
Yes. Chocolate CLIF BUILDERS Bars are vegan. All 33 ingredients are vegan.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes. Chocolate CLIF BUILDERS Bars are gluten-free. All 33 ingredients are gluten-free.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Chocolate CLIF BUILDERS Bars are dairy-free. All 33 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Chocolate CLIF BUILDERS Bars are not keto because they contain beet juice concentrate, organic brown rice syrup, organic dried cane syrup, organic rolled oats, and rice starch.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Chocolate CLIF BUILDERS Bars are lactose-free. All 33 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Chocolate CLIF BUILDERS Bars are not paleo because they contain beet juice concentrate, organic brown rice syrup, organic dried cane syrup, organic oat fiber, organic rolled oats, organic soy protein concentrate, organic sunflower oil, organic vanilla extract, palm kernel oil, rice starch, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, unsweetened chocolate, and vegetable glycerine.