Butter CLIF BUILDERS Bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF BUILDERS Bars Review
An okay protein bar for those with dairy or egg allergies.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're a good source of protein with 20g (40% DV) of protein.
- They contain 10 added vitamins: ascorbic acid (vitamin C), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), D-calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5), DL alpha tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), ergocalciferol (vitamin D2), mixed tocopherols (vitamin E), niacinamide (vitamin B3), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), and thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1).
- They contain a lot of saturated fat with 5g (25% DV) of saturated fat.
- They contain at least 4 added sweeteners: beet syrup, organic brown rice syrup, organic dried cane syrup, and vegetable glycerin. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 5 potential allergens: organic peanut butter, organic peanuts, organic soy protein concentrate, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.
Are CLIF BUILDERS Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe CLIF BUILDERS Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of protein bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
The general consensus is that protein bars derived from peas, eggs, or dairy (whey or casein) are better alternatives than soy-based protein bars. The main exception is if you have dairy allergies.
Additionally, some flavors of BUILDERS Bars have as much as 30g of carbohydrates. It's impossible to tell exactly how many of those carbohydrates are sweeteners but most protein bars have fewer carbohydrates.
Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF BUILDERS Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 280||14%|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber, Insoluble 2g|
|Vitamin A 1500 IU||30%|
|Vitamin B-12 1mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 30mg||50%|
|Vitamin D 40 IU||10%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF BUILDERS Bars Ingredients
SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, BEET SYRUP, ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP, ORGANIC DRIED CANE SYRUP, PALM KERNEL OIL, ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER, ORGANIC PEANUTS, ORGANIC SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ORGANIC OAT FIBER, NATURAL FLAVORS, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, COCOA++, RICE STARCH, SALT, COCOA BUTTER++, SOY LECITHIN, ORGANIC HIGH OLEIC SUNFLOWER OIL, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS (ANTIOXIDANT). VITAMINS & MINERALS: CALCIUM CARBONATE, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, ASCORBIC ACID (VIT. C), DL-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VIT. E), THIAMINE MONONITRATE (VIT. B1), BETA CAROTENE (VIT. A), NIACINAMIDE (VIT. B3), D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE (VIT. B5), RIBOFLAVIN (VIT. B2), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VIT. B6), ERGOCALCIFEROL (VIT. D2), CYANOCOBALAMIN (VIT. B12), POTASSIUM IODIDE.
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Beet Syrup
- Beta Carotene
- Calcium Carbonate
- Cocoa Butter
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- D-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
- DL Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
- Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D2)
- Magnesium Oxide
- Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)
- Natural Flavors
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Organic Dried Cane Syrup
- Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- Organic Oat Fiber
- Organic Peanuts
- Organic Peanut Butter
- Organic Soy Protein Concentrate
- Palm Kernel Oil
- Potassium Iodide
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Rice Starch
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
- Vegetable Glycerin
Different Flavors of CLIF BUILDERS Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
Yes. Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF BUILDERS Bars are vegan. All 31 ingredients are vegan.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes. Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF BUILDERS Bars are gluten-free. All 31 ingredients are gluten-free.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF BUILDERS Bars are dairy-free. All 31 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF BUILDERS Bars are not keto because they contain beet syrup, organic brown rice syrup, organic dried cane syrup, and rice starch.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF BUILDERS Bars are lactose-free. All 31 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter CLIF BUILDERS Bars are not paleo because they contain beet syrup, organic brown rice syrup, organic dried cane syrup, organic oat fiber, organic peanuts, organic peanut butter, organic soy protein concentrate, palm kernel oil, rice starch, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, and vegetable glycerin.