Butter Extend Bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter Extend Bars Review
We'd recommend a different brand of protein bars because Extend Bars have too many questionable ingredients.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're a good source of fiber with 5g (20% DV) of fiber.
- They're low in sodium with just 180mg (8% DV) of salt.
- They're a good source of protein with 11g (22% DV) of protein.
- They contain at least 5 added sweeteners: maltitol, maltitol syrup, oligofructose, sucralose, and vegetable glycerin. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 7 potential allergens: milk fat, milk protein isolate, peanut butter, peanut flour, peanuts, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.
- They contain refined flour (peanut flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 40 out of 42 in Healthiest Protein Bars
Are Extend Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe Extend Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of protein bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
There are too many questionable ingredients including sugar alcohols, un-needed coloring, and starches. Healthier brands have simple ingredients that are mostly whole foods.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Extend Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 150||8%|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Extend Bars Ingredients
SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, MALTITOL SYRUP, UNCOOKED CORNSTARCH, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, PEANUTS BUTTER, ARABINOGALACTAN (FIBER), MALTITAL, RESISTART MALTODEXTRIN, (FIBER), MILK PROTEIN ISOLATE, OLIGOFRUCTOSE (FIBER), PEANUTS, UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, PEANUT FLOUR, RICE STARCH, COCOA BUTTER, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SODIUM CASEINATE MILK FAT, SOY LECITHIN CARAMEL COLOR, SALT, SUCRALOSE, VANILLIN.
- Artificial Flavors
- Caramel Color
- Cocoa Butter
- Maltitol Syrup
- Milk Fat
- Milk Protein Isolate
- Natural Flavors
- Peanut Butter
- Peanut Flour
- Resistant Maltodextrin (Soluble Corn Fiber)
- Rice Starch
- Sodium Caseinate
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Corn Starch
- Unsweetened Chocolate
- Vegetable Glycerin
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter Extend Bars are not vegan because they contain milk fat, milk protein isolate, and sodium caseinate.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes. Chocolate Peanut Butter Extend Bars are gluten-free. All 24 ingredients are gluten-free.
Are they dairy-free?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter Extend Bars are not dairy-free because they contain milk fat, milk protein isolate, and sodium caseinate.
Are they keto?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter Extend Bars are not keto because they contain rice starch and corn starch.
Are they lactose-free?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter Extend Bars are not lactose-free because they contain milk fat, milk protein isolate, and sodium caseinate.
Are they paleo?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter Extend Bars are not paleo because they contain caramel color, maltitol, maltitol syrup, milk fat, milk protein isolate, peanuts, peanut butter, peanut flour, rice starch, sodium caseinate, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, sucralose, corn starch, unsweetened chocolate, and vegetable glycerin.