Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars Review
We'd recommend a different brand of protein bars because Atkins Meal Bars have too many questionable ingredients.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're a good source of fiber with 6g (24% DV) of fiber.
- They're a good source of protein with 16g (32% DV) of protein.
- They contain 12 added vitamins: ascorbic acid (vitamin C), biotin (vitamin H), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), D-calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5), DL alpha tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), folic acid (vitamin B9), niacinamide (vitamin B3), phylloquinone (vitamin K1), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), and vitamin A palmitate.
- They contain at least 5 added sweeteners: acesulfame potassium, glycerin, maltitol, rice syrup, and sucralose. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 14 potential allergens: anhydrous milk fat, non-fat dry milk, partially defatted peanut flour, peanut butter, peanuts, roasted peanuts, soy flour, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, soybean oil, whey powder, whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whole milk powder.
- They contain refined flour (partially defatted peanut flour, soy flour, and tapioca starch) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 94 out of 94 in Healthiest Food Bars
- 42 out of 42 in Healthiest Protein Bars
- 4 out of 4 in Healthiest Atkins Meal Bars
Are Atkins Meal Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe Atkins Meal Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of protein bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
There are too many different kinds of sweeteners and just a ton of ingredients overall. Healthier brands have simple ingredients that are mostly whole foods.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 210||11%|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
|Total Sugar Alcohols 10g|
|Vitamin A 1250 IU||25%|
|Vitamin B-12 1mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 15mg||25%|
|Vitamin K 12mcg||15%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars Ingredients
SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, ROASTED PEANUTS (PEANUTS, SOYBEAN OIL, SALT), CHOCOLATE FLAVORED COATING [PALM KERNEL OIL, POLYDEXTROSE, MALTITOL, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, COCOA POWDER (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), WHOLE MILK POWDER, SOY LECITHIN, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM], GLYCERIN, PRETZEL STICKS (SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, CORN STARCH, SOY FLOUR, SESAME SEEDS, PALM OIL, TAPIOCA STARCH, INULIN, PEA FIBER, RICE SYRUP, SALT, XANTHAN GUM, BAKING POWDER, YEAST), POLYDEXTROSE, HYDROLYZED GELATIN, MALTITOL, PEANUT BUTTER (GROUND, ROASTED PEANUTS), PALM KERNEL AND PALM OIL, WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, GUAR GUM, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SALT, PARTIALLY DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR, NONFAT DRY MILK, VITAMIN MINERAL MIX [MAGNESIUM OXIDE, SODIUM ASCORBATE, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), DL-ALPHA-TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN 3), NIACINAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE, D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID, BIOTIN, PHYLLOQUINONE (VITAMIN K1), CYANOCOBALAMIN (VITAMIN B12)], WATER, SOY LECITHIN, SESAME OIL, WHEY POWDER, ANHYDROUS MILK FAT, SUCRALOSE.
- Acesulfame Potassium
- Anhydrous Milk Fat
- Artificial Flavors
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Baking Powder
- Biotin (Vitamin H)
- Cocoa Powder
- Corn Starch
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- D-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
- DL Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- Guar Gum
- Hydrolyzed Gelatin
- Magnesium Oxide
- Natural Flavors
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Non-Fat Dry Milk
- Palm Kernel
- Palm Kernel Oil
- Palm Oil
- Partially Defatted Peanut Flour
- Pea Fiber
- Peanut Butter
- Phylloquinone (Vitamin K1)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Rice Syrup
- Roasted Peanuts
- Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Sodium Ascorbate
- Soybean Oil
- Soy Flour
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Tapioca Starch
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
- Vitamin A Palmitate
- Whey Powder
- Whey Protein Concentrate
- Whey Protein Isolate
- Whole Milk Powder
- Xanthan Gum
- Zinc Oxide
Different Flavors of Atkins Meal Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are not vegan because they contain anhydrous milk fat, glycerin, hydrolyzed gelatin, non-fat dry milk, whey powder, whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whole milk powder.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are gluten-free. All 54 ingredients are gluten-free.
Are they dairy-free?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are not dairy-free because they contain anhydrous milk fat, non-fat dry milk, whey powder, whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whole milk powder.
Are they keto?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are not keto because they contain corn starch, non-fat dry milk, rice syrup, soy flour, tapioca starch, and whole milk powder.
Are they lactose-free?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are not lactose-free because they contain anhydrous milk fat, non-fat dry milk, whey powder, whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whole milk powder.
Are they paleo?
No. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are not paleo because they contain acesulfame potassium, anhydrous milk fat, baking powder, corn starch, glycerin, maltitol, non-fat dry milk, palm kernel oil, partially defatted peanut flour, pea fiber, peanuts, peanut butter, polydextrose, rice syrup, roasted peanuts, sesame oil, soybean oil, soy flour, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, sucralose, tapioca starch, whey powder, whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, whole milk powder, and xanthan gum.