Peppermint Stick LUNA Bars
Chocolate Peppermint Stick LUNA Bars Review
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 120mg (5% DV) of salt.
- They're a good source of fiber with 4g (16% DV) of fiber.
- They contain at least 4 added sweeteners: organic evaporated cane juice, evaporated cane juice, organic brown rice syrup, and vegetable glycerin. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 5 potential allergens: organic roasted soybeans, organic soy flour, organic soy lecithin, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.
- They contain refined flour (organic oat flour, organic rice flour, and organic soy flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
Chocolate Peppermint Stick LUNA Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 180||9%|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|Vitamin A 1000 IU||20%|
|Vitamin B-6 2mg||80%|
|Vitamin B-12 5mcg||80%|
|Vitamin C 12mg||20%|
|Vitamin D 60 IU||15%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Chocolate Peppermint Stick LUNA Bars Ingredients
LUNAPRO®(COCOA SOY RICE CRISP [ SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, ORGANIC RICE FLOUR, ALKALIZED COCOA] , ORGANIC TOASTED OATS, ORGANIC ROASTED SOYBEANS, ORGANIC SOY FLOUR, ORGANIC FLAXMEAL), ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP, ORGANIC COATING(ORGANIC EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, ORGANIC PALM KERNEL OIL, ORGANIC SOY FLOUR, ORGANIC SOY LECITHIN, ORGANIC VANILLA), ORGANIC CHOCOLATE COOKIES(ORGANIC OAT FLOUR, ORGANIC EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, SUNFLOWER OIL, COCOA, UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, SALT, BAKING SODA, SOY LECITHIN), VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, INULIN(CHICORY EXTRACT), ORGANIC COCOA, ORGANIC UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER OIL, PEPPERMINT CANDY(EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, PEPPERMINT OIL, COLORED WITH RED CABBAGE), NATURAL FLAVORS, SEA SALT.
- Alkalized Cocoa
- Baking Soda
- Red Cabbage
- Evaporated Cane Juice
- Natural Flavors
- Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Organic Cocoa
- Organic Evaporated Cane Juice
- Organic Flax Meal
- Organic Oat Flour
- Organic Palm Kernel Oil
- Organic Rice Flour
- Organic Roasted Soybeans
- Organic Soy Flour
- Organic Soy Lecithin
- Organic Sunflower Oil
- Organic Toasted Oats
- Organic Unsweetened Chocolate
- Organic Vanilla
- Peppermint Oil
- Sea Salt
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Sunflower Oil
- Unsweetened Chocolate
- Vegetable Glycerin
Different Flavors of LUNA Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
Yes. Chocolate Peppermint Stick LUNA Bars are vegan. All 29 ingredients are vegan.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes. Chocolate Peppermint Stick LUNA Bars are gluten-free. All 29 ingredients are gluten-free.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Chocolate Peppermint Stick LUNA Bars are dairy-free. All 29 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Chocolate Peppermint Stick LUNA Bars are not keto because they contain evaporated cane juice, organic brown rice syrup, organic evaporated cane juice, organic oat flour, organic rice flour, organic roasted soybeans, organic soy flour, and organic toasted oats.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Chocolate Peppermint Stick LUNA Bars are lactose-free. All 29 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Chocolate Peppermint Stick LUNA Bars are not paleo because they contain evaporated cane juice, organic brown rice syrup, organic evaporated cane juice, organic oat flour, organic palm kernel oil, organic rice flour, organic roasted soybeans, organic soy flour, organic soy lecithin, organic sunflower oil, organic toasted oats, organic unsweetened chocolate, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, unsweetened chocolate, and vegetable glycerin.