Cookies n' Crème Atkins
Protein-Rich Meal Bars
Cookies n' Crème Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars Review
We'd recommend a different brand of protein bars because Atkins Meal Bars have too many questionable ingredients.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 200mg (8% DV) of salt.
- They're a good source of fiber with 9g (36% DV) of fiber.
- They're a good source of protein with 14g (28% DV) of protein.
- They contain 12 added vitamins: ascorbic acid (vitamin C), biotin (vitamin H), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), D-calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5), DL alpha tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), folic acid (vitamin B9), niacinamide (vitamin B3), phylloquinone (vitamin K1), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), and vitamin A palmitate.
- They contain a lot of saturated fat with 7g (35% DV) of saturated fat.
- They contain at least 5 added sweeteners: acesulfame potassium, glycerin, maltitol, maltitol syrup, and sucralose. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 7 potential allergens: cream, non-fat dry milk, salted butter, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, soybean oil, and whey protein isolate.
- They contain refined flour (tapioca starch) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 91 out of 94 in Healthiest Food Bars
- 38 out of 42 in Healthiest Protein Bars
- 3 out of 4 in Healthiest Atkins Meal Bars
Are Atkins Meal Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe Atkins Meal Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of protein bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
There are too many different kinds of sweeteners and just a ton of ingredients overall. Healthier brands have simple ingredients that are mostly whole foods.
Cookies n' Crème Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 200||10%|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36%|
|Total Sugar Alcohols 9g|
|Vitamin A 1000 IU||20%|
|Vitamin B-12 1mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 12mg||20%|
|Vitamin K 12mcg||15%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Cookies n' Crème Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars Ingredients
VANILLA CREAM FLAVORED LAYER (MALTITOL, POLYDEXTROSE, PALM KERNEL AND PALM OIL, SOYBEAN OIL, NONFAT DRY MILK, TITANIUM DIOXIDE COLOR, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SOY LECITHIN, SALT, SUCRALOSE), COCOA SOY NUGGETS [SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, COCOA POWDER (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), TAPIOCA STARCH], CHOCOLATE FLAVORED COATING (POLYDEXTROSE, PALM KERNEL AND PALM OIL, WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, COCOA POWDER, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, SOY LECITHIN, SUCRALOSE), GLYCERIN, INULIN, HYDROLYZED GELATIN, MALTITOL SYRUP, MALTITOL UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), SUNFLOWER OIL, PALM KERNEL AND PALM OIL, POLYDEXTROSE, COCOA POWDER (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), SOLUBLE CORN FIBER, WATER, VITAMIN MINERAL MIX [MAGNESIUM OXIDE, SODIUM ASCORBATE, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), DL-ALPHA-TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E), NIACINAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE, D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID, BIOTIN, PHYLLOQUINONE (VITAMIN K1), CYANOCOBALAMIN (VITAMIN B12)], WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, COCOA BUTTER, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, NONFAT DRY MILK, SOY LECITHIN, SUCRALOSE, SALTED BUTTER (CREAM, SALT), ACESULFAME POTASSIUM.
- Acesulfame Potassium
- Artificial Flavors
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Biotin (Vitamin H)
- Cocoa Butter
- Cocoa Powder
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
- D-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
- DL Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- Hydrolyzed Gelatin
- Magnesium Oxide
- Maltitol Syrup
- Natural Flavors
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Non-Fat Dry Milk
- Palm Kernel
- Palm Oil
- Phylloquinone (Vitamin K1)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Salted Butter
- Sodium Ascorbate
- Soluble Corn Fiber (Resistant Maltodextrin)
- Soybean Oil
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Sunflower Oil
- Tapioca Starch
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
- Titanium Dioxide
- Unsweetened Chocolate
- Vitamin A Palmitate
- Whey Protein Isolate
- Zinc Oxide
Different Flavors of Atkins Meal Bars
|Blueberry Greek Yogurt Read Review|
|Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Read Review|
|Peanut Butter Granola Read Review|
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
No. Cookies n' Crème Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are not vegan because they contain cream, glycerin, hydrolyzed gelatin, non-fat dry milk, salted butter, and whey protein isolate.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes. Cookies n' Crème Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are gluten-free. All 43 ingredients are gluten-free.
Are they dairy-free?
No. Cookies n' Crème Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are not dairy-free because they contain cream, non-fat dry milk, salted butter, and whey protein isolate.
Are they keto?
No. Cookies n' Crème Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are not keto because they contain non-fat dry milk and tapioca starch.
Are they lactose-free?
No. Cookies n' Crème Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are not lactose-free because they contain cream, non-fat dry milk, salted butter, and whey protein isolate.
Are they paleo?
No. Cookies n' Crème Atkins Protein-Rich Meal Bars are not paleo because they contain acesulfame potassium, cream, glycerin, maltitol, maltitol syrup, non-fat dry milk, polydextrose, salted butter, soybean oil, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, sucralose, tapioca starch, unsweetened chocolate, and whey protein isolate.