Special K Protein Meal Bars
Double Chocolate Special K Protein Meal Bars Review
We'd recommend a different brand of protein bars with simpler, whole food ingredients.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 182mg (8% DV) of salt.
- They're a good source of fiber with 5g (21% DV) of fiber.
- They're a good source of protein with 12g (24% DV) of protein.
- They contain 9 added vitamins: folic acid (vitamin B9), niacinamide (vitamin B3), thiamine hydrochloride (vitamin B1), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin A palmitate, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E.
- They contain at least 7 added sweeteners: corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, glycerin, malt flavor, sorbitol, and sugar. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 7 potential allergens: almond flour, milk, partially defatted peanut flour, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, soybean oil, and whey.
- They contain refined flour (almond flour and partially defatted peanut flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
Double Chocolate Special K Protein Meal Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 180||9%|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber, Soluble 4g|
|Vitamin A 750 IU||15%|
|Vitamin B-12 1mcg||20%|
|Vitamin C 12mg||20%|
|Vitamin D 16 IU||4%|
|Vitamin E 6 IU||20%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Double Chocolate Special K Protein Meal Bars Ingredients
SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SUGAR, SOLUBLE CORN FIBER, VEGETABLE OIL (PALM AND PALM KERNEL OIL WITH SORBITAN TRISTEARATE, SOYBEAN AND PALM OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS), CORN SYRUP, FRUCTOSE, INULIN, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, CHOCOLATE, RICE, DEXTROSE, WATER, WHOLE GRAIN WHEAT, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF GLYCERIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SORBITOL, WHEAT BRAN, SALT, SOLUBLE WHEAT FIBER, WHEY, SOY LECITHIN, MALT FLAVOR, XANTHAN GUM, MILK, BHT FOR FRESHNESS, ALMOND FLOUR, PARTIALLY DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR.VITAMINS AND MINERALS: CALCIUM CARBONATE, VITAMIN C (ASCORBIC ACID), VITAMIN E (ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ACETATE), NIACINAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE, REDUCED IRON, VITAMIN B6 (PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE), VITAMIN B1 (THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE, THIAMIN MONONITRATE), VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN B2 (RIBOFLAVIN), VITAMIN B12, FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN D3.
- Almond Flour
- Artificial Flavors
- Calcium Carbonate
- Corn Syrup
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- Malt Flavor
- Natural Flavors
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Palm Kernel Oil
- Palm Oil
- Partially Defatted Peanut Flour
- Reduced Iron
- Soluble Corn Fiber (Resistant Maltodextrin)
- Soluble Wheat Fiber
- Sorbitan Tristearate
- Soybean Oil
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
- Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1)
- Vegetable Oil
- Vitamin A Palmitate
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Wheat Bran
- Whole Grain Wheat
- Xanthan Gum
- Zinc Oxide
Different Flavors of Special K Meal Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
No. Double Chocolate Special K Protein Meal Bars are not vegan because they contain glycerin, milk, and whey.
Are they gluten-free?
No. Double Chocolate Special K Protein Meal Bars are not gluten-free because they contain malt flavor, soluble wheat fiber, wheat bran, and whole grain wheat.
Are they dairy-free?
No. Double Chocolate Special K Protein Meal Bars are not dairy-free because they contain milk and whey.
Are they keto?
No. Double Chocolate Special K Protein Meal Bars are not keto because they contain chocolate, corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, malt flavor, milk, rice, soluble wheat fiber, sugar, wheat bran, and whole grain wheat.
Are they lactose-free?
No. Double Chocolate Special K Protein Meal Bars are not lactose-free because they contain milk and whey.
Are they paleo?
No. Double Chocolate Special K Protein Meal Bars are not paleo because they contain almond flour, chocolate, corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, glycerin, malt flavor, milk, palm kernel oil, partially defatted peanut flour, rice, soluble wheat fiber, sorbitol, soybean oil, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, sugar, TBHQ, vegetable oil, wheat bran, whey, whole grain wheat, and xanthan gum.