KIND Bars Review
KIND Bars are a convenient, decent tasting, relatively healthy "on the go" alternative to other snacks since they're mostly made from whole foods.
- One of KIND Snacks' slogans is "ingredients that you can see and pronounce" and this is generally true. Most ingredients are simple, whole foods.
- Most KIND Bars have a very low glycemic index, which makes them more diabetic-friendly and less likely to make you hungry.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
Are KIND Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe KIND Bars are healthier than many other types of snacks because they're made from quality ingredients and don't contain large amounts of sweeteners, excessive calories/salt, or other additives. However, we believe they're slightly less healthy than eating the core whole foods (nuts, grains, or fruit) without extra ingredients.
How Our Ratings Work
Our ratings are based on ingredients and nutrition facts. In particular, we look for:
- Healthy Sources of Fat: Fat sourced from a whole food like almonds is much preferred than a fat like anhydrous milk fat.
- Limited Sodium: Sodium is a vital element for life and improves taste. However, excess salt can increase blood pressure, which can lead to cardiovascular issues.
- Limited Stimulants: Stimulants are okay in moderation and most food has way less caffeine than a cup of tea, energy drink, or cup of coffee. Caffeine also might have some health benefits. With that said, caffeine can cause nutrient depletion of important nutrients, like vitamin B6, and interfere with nutrient absorption of essential minerals, including calcium, iron, magnesium and B vitamins.
- Limited Sweeteners: Sweeteners improve taste and are also okay in moderation. However, per Harvard Medical School, refined, concentrated sugar consumed in large amounts rapidly increases blood glucose and insulin levels, increases triglycerides, inflammatory mediators and oxygen radicals, and with them, the risk for diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other chronic illnesses.
- No Artificial Flavors: An artificial flavor is a chemical mixture that imitates a natural flavor in some way. They're not necessarily unhealthy but they represent an unknown and we prefer knowing what we're eating.
- No Sugar Alcohols: Sugar alcohols are known to cause digestive issues and might actually contribute to weight gain despite having fewer calories than natural sweeteners.
- Quality Carbohydrates: Unfortunately, carbohydrates listed on a label can be anything from insulin-spiking sweeteners to quality whole grains like oats. We prefer whole grains or whole foods whenever possible.
- Simple, Whole Food Ingredients: We believe in eating whole foods vs. highly processed foods with synthetically derived ingredients.
Healthiest KIND Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they non-GMO?
Yes. KIND Bars do not contain genetically modified ingredients. From KIND's Ingredients FAQ: "All KIND® snacks do not contain genetically engineered ingredients. The Non-GMO Project seal appears on the majority of our KIND Healthy Grains® and Pressed by KIND® products. Some of our other snacks are pending Non-GMO Project certification."
Are they organic?
No. KIND Bars are not organic. From KIND's Ingredients FAQ: "We are not currently pursuing organic certification for our snacks. Our top priority is to invest in high quality, premium ingredients, while keeping our products accessible. We work closely with our suppliers to ensure that their standards are in line with KIND’s brand values."
About KIND Snacks
KIND Bars are made by KIND Snacks.
|KIND Snacks Website||https://www.kindsnacks.com/|
|About KIND Snacks||https://www.kindsnacks.com/about-us|
|Contact KIND Snacks||https://www.kindsnacks.com/contact-us|
|KIND Snacks Emailemail@example.com|
|KIND Snacks Phone Number||1-855-884-5463|
|KIND Snacks Facebook||https://www.facebook.com/KINDSnacks|
|KIND Snacks Instagram||https://www.instagram.com/kindsnacks/|
|KIND Snacks Pinterest||https://www.pinterest.com/kindsnacks/|
|KIND Snacks Twitter||https://twitter.com/KINDSnacks|
|KIND Snacks YouTube||https://www.youtube.com/KindSnacks|