Peanut Butter Dark
Chocolate KIND Bars
Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate KIND Bars Review
KIND Bars are a convenient, decent tasting, relatively healthy "on the go" alternative to other snacks since they're mostly made from whole foods.
- One of KIND Snacks' slogans is "ingredients that you can see and pronounce" and this is generally true. Most ingredients are simple, whole foods.
- Most KIND Bars have a very low glycemic index, which makes them more diabetic-friendly and less likely to make you hungry.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 25mg (1% DV) of salt.
- They contain at least 3 added sweeteners: glucose syrup, honey, and sugar. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 5 potential allergens: almonds, peanut butter, peanuts, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.
- They contain refined flour (tapioca starch) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 21 out of 50 in Healthiest Energy Bars
- 33 out of 94 in Healthiest Food Bars
- 10 out of 15 in Healthiest Nut Bars
- 5 out of 15 in Healthiest KIND Bars
Are KIND Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe KIND Bars are healthier than many other types of snacks because they're made from quality ingredients and don't contain large amounts of sweeteners, excessive calories/salt, or other additives.
However, we believe they're slightly less healthy than eating the core whole foods (nuts, grains, or fruit) without extra ingredients.
Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate KIND Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 200||10%|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||10%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate KIND Bars Ingredients
PEANUTS, DARK CHOCOLATE FLAVORED COATING (SUGAR, PALM KERNEL OIL, COCOA POWDER, SOY LECITHIN, NATURAL FLAVOR, SALT), ALMONDS, GLUCOSE SYRUP, HONEY, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, PEANUT BUTTER (PEANUTS, SALT), UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, CHICORY ROOT FIBER, SOY LECITHIN, TAPIOCA STARCH, SEA SALT.
- Chicory Root Fiber
- Cocoa Powder
- Glucose Syrup
- Natural Flavors
- Palm Kernel Oil
- Peanut Butter
- Sea Salt
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Tapioca Starch
- Unsweetened Chocolate
Different Flavors of KIND Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they non-GMO?
Yes. KIND Bars do not contain genetically modified ingredients. From KIND's Ingredients FAQ: "All KIND® snacks do not contain genetically engineered ingredients. The Non-GMO Project seal appears on the majority of our KIND Healthy Grains® and Pressed by KIND® products. Some of our other snacks are pending Non-GMO Project certification."
Are they organic?
No. KIND Bars are not organic. From KIND's Ingredients FAQ: "We are not currently pursuing organic certification for our snacks. Our top priority is to invest in high quality, premium ingredients, while keeping our products accessible. We work closely with our suppliers to ensure that their standards are in line with KIND’s brand values."
Are they vegan?
No. Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate KIND Bars are not vegan because they contain honey.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes. Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate KIND Bars are gluten-free. All 16 ingredients are gluten-free.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate KIND Bars are dairy-free. All 16 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate KIND Bars are not keto because they contain chicory root fiber, glucose syrup, honey, sugar, and tapioca starch.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate KIND Bars are lactose-free. All 16 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate KIND Bars are not paleo because they contain glucose syrup, palm kernel oil, peanuts, peanut butter, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, sugar, tapioca starch, and unsweetened chocolate.
About KIND Snacks
Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate KIND Bars are made by KIND Snacks.
|KIND Snacks Website||https://www.kindsnacks.com/|
|About KIND Snacks||https://www.kindsnacks.com/about-us|
|Contact KIND Snacks||https://www.kindsnacks.com/contact-us|
|KIND Snacks Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|KIND Snacks Phone Number||1-855-884-5463|
|KIND Snacks Facebook||https://www.facebook.com/KINDSnacks|
|KIND Snacks Instagram||https://www.instagram.com/kindsnacks/|
|KIND Snacks Pinterest||https://www.pinterest.com/kindsnacks/|
|KIND Snacks Twitter||https://twitter.com/KINDSnacks|
|KIND Snacks YouTube||https://www.youtube.com/KindSnacks|