Peanut Butter & Honey
with Sea Salt CLIF Bars
Peanut Butter & Honey with Sea Salt CLIF Bars Review
CLIF Bars are relatively healthy energy bars that are useful to replenish carbohydrates while exercising.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're a good source of fiber with 4g (16% DV) of fiber.
- They're a good source of protein with 10g (20% DV) of protein.
- They contain 1 added vitamin: mixed tocopherols (vitamin E).
- They contain at least 4 added sweeteners: barley malt extract, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane sugar, and organic honey. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 6 potential allergens: organic peanut butter, organic peanuts, organic roasted soybeans, organic soy flour, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.
- They contain refined flour (organic peanut flour, organic soy flour, and rice flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 50 out of 50 in Healthiest Energy Bars
- 88 out of 94 in Healthiest Food Bars
- 19 out of 19 in Healthiest CLIF Bars
Are CLIF Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe CLIF Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
Many flavors of CLIF Bars have as many as 5 or 6 different sweeteners as well as refined flour and a variety of soy ingredients. They're also pretty high in carbohydrates and are most useful during strenuous exercise when your glycogen levels are depleted.
Peanut Butter & Honey with Sea Salt CLIF Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 260||13%|
|Total Fat 8g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber, Insoluble 3g|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Peanut Butter & Honey with Sea Salt CLIF Bars Ingredients
ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP, ORGANIC ROLLED OATS, ORGANIC HONEY, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, ORGANIC ROASTED SOYBEANS, ORGANIC PEANUTS, RICE FLOUR, ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, ORGANIC OAT FIBER, ORGANIC SOY FLOUR, PALM KERNEL SOLIDS, NATURAL FLAVORS, ORGANIC PEANUT FLOUR, SEA SALT, ORGANIC COCOA BUTTER++, BARLEY MALT EXTRACT, SOY LECITHIN, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS (ANTIOXIDANT).
- Barley Malt Extract
- Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)
- Natural Flavors
- Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Organic Cocoa Butter
- Organic Honey
- Organic Oat Fiber
- Organic Peanuts
- Organic Peanut Butter
- Organic Peanut Flour
- Organic Roasted Soybeans
- Organic Rolled Oats
- Organic Soy Flour
- Palm Kernel Solids
- Rice Flour
- Sea Salt
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
Different Flavors of CLIF Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
No. Peanut Butter & Honey with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are not vegan because they contain organic honey.
Are they gluten-free?
No. Peanut Butter & Honey with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are not gluten-free because they contain barley malt extract.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Peanut Butter & Honey with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are dairy-free. All 19 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Peanut Butter & Honey with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are not keto because they contain barley malt extract, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane sugar, organic honey, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soy flour, and rice flour.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Peanut Butter & Honey with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are lactose-free. All 19 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Peanut Butter & Honey with Sea Salt CLIF Bars are not paleo because they contain barley malt extract, organic brown rice syrup, organic cane sugar, organic oat fiber, organic peanuts, organic peanut butter, organic peanut flour, organic roasted soybeans, organic rolled oats, organic soy flour, rice flour, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate.