Special K Protein Meal Bars
Strawberry Kellogg's Special K Protein Meal Bars Review
We'd recommend a different brand of protein bars with simpler, whole food ingredients.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 148mg (6% DV) of salt.
- They're a good source of fiber with 5g (19% DV) of fiber.
- They're a good source of protein with 12g (24% DV) of protein.
- They contain 7 added vitamins: folic acid (vitamin B9), niacinamide (vitamin B3), vitamin A palmitate, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E acetate.
- They contain at least 6 added sweeteners: corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, glycerin, sorbitol, and sugar. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain soy protein isolate as an ingredient. Soy protein isolate is less nutritious than a whole grain. It also often contains unhealthy additives like aluminum and hexane. Some people are also allergic to or intolerant of soy products.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain at least 7 potential allergens: almond flour, milk protein isolate, non-fat yogurt powder, partially defatted peanut flour, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, and soybean oil.
- They contain refined flour (almond flour and partially defatted peanut flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
Strawberry Kellogg's Special K Protein Meal Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 180||9%|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber, Soluble 4g|
|Vitamin A 750 IU||15%|
|Vitamin B-12 1mcg||20%|
|Vitamin C 12mg||20%|
|Vitamin D 16 IU||4%|
|Vitamin E 6 IU||20%|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Strawberry Kellogg's Special K Protein Meal Bars Ingredients
SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SUGAR, VEGETABLE OIL (PALM KERNEL, PALM AND SOYBEAN OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS), SOLUBLE CORN FIBER, STRAWBERRY FLAVORED CRANBERRIES (SUGAR, CRANBERRIES, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, ELDERBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE FOR COLOR, SUNFLOWER OIL), CORN SYRUP, FRUCTOSE, INULIN, MILK PROTEIN ISOLATE, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF DEXTROSE, WATER, NONFAT YOGURT POWDER (CULTURED NONFAT MILK [HEAT TREATED AFTER CULTURING]), GLYCERIN, SORBITOL, SOY LECITHIN, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, CITRIC ACID, STRAWBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE, XANTHAN GUM, PARTIALLY DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR, ALMOND FLOUR, WHEAT STARCH, BHT FOR FRESHNESS.VITAMINS AND MINERALS: CALCIUM CARBONATE, VITAMIN C (ASCORBIC ACID), VITAMIN E ACETATE, NIACINAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE, REDUCED IRON, VITAMIN B6 (PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE), VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN B2 (RIBOFLAVIN), VITAMIN B1 (THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE), VITAMIN B12, FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN D3.
- Almond Flour
- Artificial Flavors
- Calcium Carbonate
- Citric Acid
- Corn Syrup
- Elderberry Juice Concentrate
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- Milk Protein Isolate
- Natural Flavors
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Non-Fat Yogurt Powder
- Palm Kernel
- Palm Oil
- Partially Defatted Peanut Flour
- Reduced Iron
- Soluble Corn Fiber (Resistant Maltodextrin)
- Soybean Oil
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Strawberry Juice Concentrate
- Sunflower Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Vitamin A Palmitate
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E Acetate
- Wheat Starch
- Xanthan Gum
- Zinc Oxide
Different Flavors of Special K Meal Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
No. Strawberry Kellogg's Special K Protein Meal Bars are not vegan because they contain glycerin, milk protein isolate, and non-fat yogurt powder.
Are they gluten-free?
No. Strawberry Kellogg's Special K Protein Meal Bars are not gluten-free because they contain wheat starch.
Are they dairy-free?
No. Strawberry Kellogg's Special K Protein Meal Bars are not dairy-free because they contain milk protein isolate and non-fat yogurt powder.
Are they keto?
No. Strawberry Kellogg's Special K Protein Meal Bars are not keto because they contain citric acid, corn syrup, cranberries, dextrose, elderberry juice concentrate, fructose, strawberry juice concentrate, sugar, and wheat starch.
Are they lactose-free?
No. Strawberry Kellogg's Special K Protein Meal Bars are not lactose-free because they contain milk protein isolate and non-fat yogurt powder.
Are they paleo?
No. Strawberry Kellogg's Special K Protein Meal Bars are not paleo because they contain almond flour, corn syrup, dextrose, elderberry juice concentrate, fructose, glycerin, milk protein isolate, non-fat yogurt powder, partially defatted peanut flour, sorbitol, soybean oil, soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, strawberry juice concentrate, sugar, TBHQ, vegetable oil, wheat starch, and xanthan gum.