Tart Cherry CLIF Cubes Bars
Tart Cherry CLIF Cubes Bars Review
CLIF Bars are relatively healthy energy bars that are useful to replenish carbohydrates while exercising.
- They're very convenient when you don't have time to prepare a real meal.
- They're very convenient during a workout or hike when your hands are dirty.
- They're low in sodium with just 70mg (3% DV) of salt.
- They contain 1 added vitamin: mixed tocopherols (vitamin E).
- They contain at least 6 added sweeteners: brown rice syrup, cane sugar, cane syrup, rice syrup solids, tapioca syrup, and vegetable glycerin. Sweeteners improve taste and are okay in moderation. However, sweeteners also add unnecessary calories, often make you hungry, and raise your blood sugar.
- They contain "natural flavors" as an ingredient. Natural flavors are not necessarily bad but they do represent an unknown as they can be a variety of different ingredients. Ideally, it's better to be aware of all the ingredients you eat.
- They contain refined flour (oat flour and rice flour) instead of a whole grain equivalent. Refined flour is usually less nutritious than the whole grains, legumes, or nuts its made from. In addition, flour generally raises your blood pressure more than whole grains.
- 29 out of 50 in Healthiest Energy Bars
- 47 out of 94 in Healthiest Food Bars
- 5 out of 19 in Healthiest CLIF Bars
Are CLIF Bars healthy? Are they good for you?
We believe CLIF Bars are healthier than fast food, potato chips, and other kinds of food. However, we believe there are healthier brands of bars like RXBars, Kind Bars, or Rise Bars.
Many flavors of CLIF Bars have as many as 5 or 6 different sweeteners as well as refined flour and a variety of soy ingredients. They're also pretty high in carbohydrates and are most useful during strenuous exercise when your glycogen levels are depleted.
Tart Cherry CLIF Cubes Bars Nutrition Facts
|Calories in 1 Bar 230||12%|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber, Insoluble 1g|
% Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet for healthy adults.
Tart Cherry CLIF Cubes Bars Ingredients
OAT FLOUR*, NUT AND SEED BUTTER BLEND* (CASHEW BUTTER*, SUNFLOWER SEED BUTTER*), ROLLED OATS*, BROWN RICE SYRUP*, PEA PROTEIN*, HIGH OLEIC SUNFLOWER OIL*, DATE PASTE*, CANE SUGAR*, RICE STARCH*, PALM OIL*, TAPIOCA SYRUP*, CANE SYRUP*, RICE FLOUR*, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, PUMPKIN SEEDS*, DRIED TART CHERRIES*, CHERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE*, NATURAL FLAVORS, DRIED CRANBERRIES*, RICE SYRUP SOLIDS*, DRIED CHERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE*, DRIED CRANBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE*, CITRIC ACID, SEA SALT, CHERRY POWDER*, NATURAL FLAVORS*, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, FRUIT AND VEGETABLE JUICE* (FOR COLOR), DRIED LIME JUICE CONCENTRATE*, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS (ANTIOXIDANT).
- Brown Rice Syrup
- Cane Sugar
- Cane Syrup
- Cashew Butter
- Cherry Juice Concentrate
- Cherry Powder
- Citric Acid
- Date Paste
- Dried Cherry Juice Concentrate
- Dried Cranberries
- Dried Cranberry Juice Concentrate
- Dried Lime Juice Concentrate
- Dried Tart Cherries
- High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)
- Natural Flavors
- Oat Flour
- Palm Oil
- Pea Protein
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Rice Flour
- Rice Starch
- Rice Syrup Solids
- Rolled Oats
- Sea Salt
- Sunflower Lecithin
- Sunflower Seed Butter
- Tapioca Syrup
- Vegetable Glycerin
Different Flavors of CLIF Bars
Questions & Answers
Are they vegan?
Yes. Tart Cherry CLIF Cubes Bars are vegan. All 29 ingredients are vegan.
Are they gluten-free?
Yes. Tart Cherry CLIF Cubes Bars are gluten-free. All 29 ingredients are gluten-free.
Are they dairy-free?
Yes. Tart Cherry CLIF Cubes Bars are dairy-free. All 29 ingredients are dairy-free.
Are they keto?
No. Tart Cherry CLIF Cubes Bars are not keto because they contain brown rice syrup, cane sugar, cane syrup, cherry juice concentrate, cherry powder, citric acid, date paste, dried cherry juice concentrate, dried cranberries, dried cranberry juice concentrate, dried tart cherries, oat flour, rice flour, rice starch, rice syrup solids, rolled oats, and tapioca syrup.
Are they lactose-free?
Yes. Tart Cherry CLIF Cubes Bars are lactose-free. All 29 ingredients are lactose-free.
Are they paleo?
No. Tart Cherry CLIF Cubes Bars are not paleo because they contain brown rice syrup, cane sugar, cane syrup, cherry juice concentrate, dried cherry juice concentrate, dried cranberry juice concentrate, dried lime juice concentrate, oat flour, pea protein, rice flour, rice starch, rice syrup solids, rolled oats, and vegetable glycerin.